Summer is officially here, which means 4th of July parties are just around the corner! You already know you need fun decorations, delicious food, cold drinks and of course – great friends. Benson Tent Rent wants to make sure you throw the most popular party on the block so we’re giving you some fun and festive lawn game ideas from our friends at Brit + Co!
- DIY Lawn Dominoes – Who says Dominoes needs to just be a card table game? Grab a set of wooden blocks (Home Depot can usually cut blocks in the shape/size you need) and paint them with a splash of summer color!
- Giant Jenga – At Benson Tent Rent, we are huge fans of giant Jenga and your guests will be too! Again, you can get wood blocks pre-cut at Lowe’s or Home Depot then paint the outer edges of the blocks with a few coats of colorful house paint. Your tower will be both festive and fun!
- Giant Scrabble – Keep the card table games going with an oversize game of Scrabble! A true game has 100 tiles so you might want to consider cutting down a bit. Head to your local hardware store and stock up on wood tiles then head over to your local craft store to grab stencils. Use colorful paint to write on the letter and points in the lower right corner.
- Flamingo Ring Toss – In our opinion, Flamingos are the garden gnomes of the summer. If you have a nice, grassy area available and you’re on a tight budget just grab some garden flamingos from the dollar store or Party City and stick them straight into the ground. If you have the time/money, you can fill mini planters with sand or soil to keep your flamingos from falling over.
- DIY Lawn Matching Game – This game is ideal for the backyard and perfect for all ages. Brit + Co suggests using cork tiles to make sure that game is totally reusable and light enough for anyone to carry. You can spray paint shapes onto the tiles or use stickers so you can have different themed sets. This is a great project to do with the little ones so they can get creative!
- Festive Bocce Balls – When it comes time to bust out the Bocce Balls, impress your guests with a patriotic version! Redecorate an old set of balls with red, white, blue paint and festive stars.
- Cornhole – Of course, it wouldn’t be a summer party without cornhole! You can make your own set from scratch or you can purchase a basic version and give your set a makeover/personal touch.
Above all else, make sure you invite friends and family who are ready to have a great time. If you’re anticipating rain or extremely warm temperatures, be sure to give Benson Tent Rent a call to set up a few pop up tents to help make sure you and your guests are comfortable the whole day!