Especially in a place as picturesque as Colorado, winter weddings are growing in popularity and here’s why:
- Seasonal decor allows for creativity and makes your wedding more unique | Winter weddings allow brides to explore more color options and themes. We’ve seen a lot of people incorporating the beauty of nature by bringing in winter elements such as frosted pine cones, pine leaves, handmade snowflakes and twinkle holiday lights. Really, what’s more magical than a winter wonderland?
- First choice of vendors | It’s no surprise that June through September are the busiest months for weddings. If you opt for a January or February date, the chance of you getting your top vendor picks will significantly increase and your price will likely decrease! Most vendors are willing to negotiate on price during this slow season.
- Practical party favors | What do people really want during the winter? Cozy blankets and hot chocolate. During a winter wedding, you can give out personalized blankets or gloves that your guests will use all season long or even a DIY mason jar of decadent hot chocolate.
- Dress options are endless | While there is typically a more weather-dependent dress style for summer weddings, a winter wedding allows for brides and bridesmaids to experiment. Try a long sleeve dress or wear a strapless down paired with an embroidered coat or faux fur shrug. The possibilities are endless!
- Perfect pictures | Winter mornings might be cold but they sure are beautiful. Take advantage of the natural lighting and snap your group photos earlier in the day. BONUS: Since the sun sets earlier, you can usually capture a gorgeous sunset during your ceremony or just as your reception is starting. Your guests will certainly be impressed.
- Honeymoon weather | Another attractive reason to love a winter wedding is the idea of an island honeymoon! Escape from the cold and spend your first days as a married couple under the sun. If you can wait until after the holiday rush, prices in February are usually much more manageable.
- Stand out from the crowd | Your winter wedding is guaranteed to make a lasting impression on your guests and family members simply because it’s so different from all the spring and summer weddings they typically attend. Not to mention, your winter wedding will give them something to look forward to in the cold, dreary winter months!
- Comfort food | Cold weather means winter diets. Consider serving hearty dishes such as pasta, lasagna, casseroles and warm soups that your guests will love. You can even spice up your dessert options with a hot chocolate bar or fire pit for making s’mores. Adults can enjoy eggnog cocktails and spicy mulled wines – yum!
Ready to plan your winter wedding? Call Benson Tent Rent today!